SoTL #5 – Reflection in, on, of actions
It’s not enough to have a handy list of potential ways and means to disseminate information. For me, it’s about the reflective practice and ‘double loop learning’ as shared in Donald Schon: Learning, Reflection and Change. It’s essential for me to engage in the reflective practice within this project as it’s moving forward, at the end of the project, and after the project concludes. In, on, and of are all part of the loops of learning, the mobius iterations of a work.
In order to reflect beyond the SoTL work, it’s important to share this project with critical, knowledgeable friends and colleagues. In order to accomplish this, here are a few ways I would move forward in sharing the work as well as the results. These are possibilities not certainties, some but not all would be opportunities for dissemination.
- Blog post
- Tweet to@AERA_EdResearch , @KNAER_RECRAE and other research focused networks such as@GOGN_OER
- eCampus Ontario newsletter The Catch
- open academic conversations e.g. Getting Air, Inside Higher Ed,
- peer reviewed and open access journals e.g. IRRODL, Hybrid Pedagogy
- chapter in a book
Possible conference presentation:
- ICDE World Conference on Online Learning, Contact North conference
- CNIE conference
- CSSE annual conference
- ISSOTL conference (@ISSOTL) https://www.issotl.com/
- SoTL Canada (@SotlCan) and https://sotlcanada.stlhe.ca/ and publication option (see recent blog post at https://sotlcanada.stlhe.ca/2018/06/01/sotl-canada-mapping-project/)
Image attribution – Photo by Antoine Rault on Unsplash